Once during that long evening, the door on one side of the room was opened very slightly and hurriedly closed again; later on the door on the other side did the same; it seemed that someone needed to enter the room but thought better of it.
Gregor went and waited immediately by the door, resolved either to bring the timorous visitor into the room in some way or at least to find out who it was; but the door was opened no more that night and Gregor waited in vain.
The previous morning while the doors were locked everyone had wanted to get in there to him, but now, now that he had opened up one of the doors and the other had clearly been unlocked some time during the day, no-one came, and the keys were in the other sides.
The Big Dream (Moby reversion of a David Lynch song, featuring Mindy Jones), taken from The Big Dream Remix EP 12″ on clear red vinyl. Out 19th April 2014 for Record Store Day.
Moby also directed the music video above; the track is much better than the original and Lynch is still on another level with moving images, but I still hope to find more super collaborations like this one.4 hearts
Ed Fairburn is a Cardiff based artist producing portraiture across a variety of surfaces and contexts.
Through my studies of the human form I examine the patterns and structures which exist across the body. I disassemble those structures and reconstruct them onto pre-patterned surfaces, including maps. The creative process involves synchronising both subject and surface. I search for similarities between the characteristics of the human figure and the topographical features of the map, resulting in a unique amalgamation.4 hearts
Parking the rusty spaceship for another trip in search for fuel and a meaning for it. Emblems from above talking and screaming while another mile was consumed.
Did I left something for the others?
Even for a few minutes?
The complete list for the red-hot pieces of coal, hope you enjoy:
Lyla – Essáy – 2013
Lockets – Surrender (Sun Glitters Remix) – 2013
No Joy – Lunar Phobia – 2013
Tropic Of Cancer – Court Of Devotion – 2013
Dream Koala – Saturn Boy – 2014
Germany Germany – Static – 2013
Young Summer – Fever Dream – 2013
Trentemøller – Deceive (feat. Sune Rose Wagner) – 2013
Tycho – L – 2014
Jon Hopkins – Open Eye Signal (Nosaj Thing Remix) – 2013
Guy Gerber & Clarian – Claire – 2013
Com Truise – Valis Called (Control) – 2014
HTRK – Give It Up – 2014
Maribou State – Truths feat. Jimi Nxir – 2013
Parra for Cuva & Anna Naklab – Something Near (Thalstroem & Grambow Remix) – 2013
Childish Gambino – Urn – 2013
Phantogram – Bill Murray – 2014
Lapalux – Without You (ft. Kerry Leatham) – 2013
Mammals – Depraved – 2014
Farao – To Sleep Apart (Kristoffer Lislegaard Remix) – 2014
Burial – Come Down To Us – 2013
Nils Frahm – Peter (Clark Remix) – 2013
Nosaj Thing – Eclipse/Blue Feat Kazu Makino (All in Forms Remix) – 2013
Visual artist, photographer and editor from Madrid: Rocio Montoya.
Wisdom! to leave his wife, to leave his babes, His mansion, and his titles, in a place From whence himself does fly? He loves us not: He wants the natural touch; for the poor wren, The most diminutive of birds, will fight, Her young ones in her nest, against the owl. All is the fear, and nothing is the love; As little is the wisdom, where the flight So runs against all reason.
Index and credits:
1. Indonesian Muslims perform Eid Al-Adha prayer at Al-Akbar Mosque in Surabaya, Indonesia. (Robertus Pudyanto / Getty Images)
2. Residents watch as dark giant ash clouds rise from the crater of Mount Sinabung volcano during an eruption. (Sutanta Aditya / Getty Images)
3. A shadow of a cloud is cast on the fields as a farmer ties a shawl on her head at Khokana in Lalitpur. (REUTERS/Navesh Chitrakar)
4. a picture taken with the CIVA camera on Rosettas Philae lander showing comet 67P/ChuryumovGerasimenko from a distance of about 16 km from the surface of the comet. (AFP PHOTO / ESA/Rosetta/Philae/CIVA)
5. Blind studen of the Association of Ballet and Arts for the Blind, warms up backstage before performing ‘Corsario’ e ‘Paquitas’ during celebrations marking Brazil’s Children’s Day at the Italo Theater in Sao Paulo. (Nacho Doce/Reuters)
6. “Umbrellas”, the sculpture by Giorgos Zogolopoulos is illuminated in pink light in northern Greece. (REUTERS/Alexandros Avramidis)