In this rubric we share global topical images selected according to a visual criterion, but no less splitted from their contexts of dichotomies and shades (joy and sorrow, violence and communion, love and hate etc.).
This is life becoming landscape.
Index and credits:
1. Rapa Das Bestas, Spain (Miguel Vidal / Reuters)
2. Paramilitary policemen in Nanjing (China Daily / Reuters)
3. Mass funeral for bodies found in a mass grave from Bosnia’s 1992-95 war (Dado Ruvic / Reuters)
4. An Israeli soldier rides atop an armoured personnel carrier (Baz Ratner / Reuters)
5. Indonesian demonstrators raise the Palestinian flag (Chaideer Mahyuddin / Getty Images)
6. A young girl runs in Brooklyn (Brendan McDermid / Reuters)
7. Rainstorm at Times Square in New York (Shannon Stapleton / Reuters)
8. Young surfers on Wanda Beach, Sydney (Jason Reed / Reuters)
9. A flamingo and flamingo chicks in a natural reserve near Malaga, Spain (Jon Nazca / Reuters)
French comic artist and visual designer Phillipe Druillet. From the many things he has done I like to point out the Métal Hurlant magazine with Moebius and other authors, published by Les Humanoïdes Associés (1974), revolutionary French publishing house in sci-fi illustration which inspired many designers and some Ridley Scott guy too (Blade Runner, 1982).
The character design has influences from all over the world and history as the technique, with clean vector-like solid shapes placed on fine noised textures and neat gradients inked with liquid lines.
Check out other works on his website; warning French site ahead: druillet.com4 hearts
It’s been a while since I was so captured by a music video. Every video tells a story, this one is more a slice of life, camera catching a common day of the week. Everything is always in motion, a cinematographic on the road which is not often seen along with this electronic sounds. So what about the music? Well, Jon Hopkins keeps getting better and better. Immunity album strongly recommended.7 hearts
Font Apud Display designed by Dino dos Santos in 2010 at DSType Foundry.
The italics are really well made in this pack, reminds me of the great Quadraat font created by Fred Smeijers between 1992 and 2011.
You will also find the Apud Text if you need long readable text between 6 and 14 points.
With its refined high contrast and sharpness, Apud Display has the vitality and rigor of modern typefaces, every time you need your display setting to shine.4 hearts