They started by taking a flight at noon, once landed the search begun, a long trip by car, following the coast but nothing was found. The scientists tried to explore the deep forest even if the mathematical symbols indicated a submerged island in the ocean. The visibility was empathic, the surface made no sense.
Evaporated by the heat of incredulous eyes a new animal species defended their holy land.
Photographer William James Broadhurst6 hearts
Index and credits:
1. A man walks amidst tents set up on the floor of a gymnasium for parents of freshmen students at Tianjin University. (Stringer / Reuters)
2. An injured man looks on as he waits to be treated at a makeshift hospital in the besieged rebel bastion of Douma, northeast of the Syrian capital Damascus. (Abd Doumany / Getty Images)
3. Genetically-engineered fish (Amatitlania nigrofasciatus var.) glow in a tank during the 2014 Taiwan Aquarium Expo.
4. A reveller takes part in the 2nd LGBT Pride Parade at Alemao favela in Rio de Janeiro. (Yasuyoshi ChibayaAFP/Getty Images)
5. A Kyrgyz stuntman performing during the first World Nomad Games in the Kyrchin (Semenovskoe) gorge. (Vyacheslav Oseledkov/AFP/Getty Images)
6. A Palestinian man looks out of his heavily damaged house at neighboring houses which witnesses said were destroyed during the Israeli offensive. (Suhaib Salem/Reuters)
Jörg Marx is a German freelance photographer, based in Bavaria, mainly working on landscape and nature photography.
For me photography is a way of coping with the world. While an image leaves a gap, a text always want to close it. In my photos I try to leave space for the Vanished, Lost & Hidden. I’m interested in memory and its localization in the landscape. I ask myself what the trees could bear witness to what we have long forgotten. And I wonder if a place is still the same place after one has made war or other terrible things there. All landscapes are contaminated with forgotten historical events.5 hearts
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.