I believe that it is always through spiritual crisis that healing occurs. A spiritual crisis is an attempt to find oneself, to acquire new faith.
It is the apportioned lot of everyone whose objectives are on the spiritual plane. The soul yearns for harmony, and life is full of discordance.
This dichotomy is the stimulus for movement, the source at once of our pain and of our hope: confirmation of our spiritual depths and potential.
In the not-so-distant future, desperate young people risk everything to play “Avalon”, an illegal and potentially lethal virtual war game where addicted combatants earn points and wealth.
1. Kenji Kawai – Voyage To Avalon – 2002
2. Denez Prigent with Lisa Gerrard – Gortoz A Ran / J’Attends – 2001
3. Seatbelts – Is it real? – 2001
4. Susumu Hirasawa – Indra – 1999
5. Kodomo Band – Dry your tears (chanson) – 1986
6. Yoko Kanno (vocals: Gabriela Robin) – Take A Little Hand – 2006
7. Kow Otani – Swift Horse – 2005
8. Taniuchi Hideki – Misa no Theme B – 2007
9. Michael Nyman – The Morrow – 1997
10. Hajime Mizoguchi – Grace (Jinroh Main Theme) Omega – 2000
11. Robyn Miller – Moeity Theme – 1998
12. Urata Keishi – Mischievous Voices – 2003
13. Norihiko Hibino & Cynthia Harrell – Snake Eater (abstracted camouflage) – 2004
14. Yoko Kanno (vocals: Scott Matthew) – Psychedelic Soul – 2004
15. Edward Shearmur – Taxi Ride – 2001
16. Cliff Martinez – He Had a Good Time – 2011
– – – – – –
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Cowboy Bebop
5. Hokuto No Ken
6. Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society
7. Wander and the Colossus
8. Death Note
13. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
14. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cinema was the first art form to come into being as a result of a technological invention, in answer to a vital need.
It was the instrument which humanity had to have in order to increase its mastery over the real world.
For the domain of any art form is limited to one aspect of our spiritual and emotional discovery of surrounding reality.
Further reading and research:
Tarkovsky, A. (1986) ‘Sculpting In Time’
Documentary – Sacrifices of Andrei Tarkovsky (2012)
Documentary – Tarkovsky In Italy (1984)
Cinephilia & Beyond – ‘Sacrifices of Andrei Tarkovsky’
Essay – Criterion Collection (Andrei Rublev)
Essay Criterion Collection (Solaris)
Nostalghia.com – A collection of interviews and various research material focused on Tarkovsky.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.