Tears on a plank deep in grey winter thoughts. Why I am creating when the circumstances seems to be against me?
“Let them be helpless like children, because weakness is a great thing, and strength is nothing. When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive.” Andrej Tarkovskij
Playlist 05 with helpless tunes from the past.
Jamie Woon – Wayfaring Stranger (Burial Remix) – 2010
The Album Leaf – Falling from the Sun – 2010
Com Truise – Slow Peels – 2010
Eryka Badu – On & On (Pariah Remix) – 2010
Beacon – The Rip (Portishead cover) – 2012
KiloWatts – Forget – 2005
Helios – Backlight – 2008
Grouper – Heavy Water/I’d Rather Be Sleeping – 2008
M83 – I Guess I’m Floating – 2005
The XX – Basic Space (Pariah Remix) – 2009
Burial – Near Dark – 2007
Beirut – Venice (Tom Croose City of Water Edit) – 2009
Slowdive – Melon Yellow – 1994
Urata Keishi – Ballad of a Sin Man – 2003
Mojave 3 – You’re Beautiful – 1995
Low – Words – 1994
The Veils – Vicious Traditions – 2004
Takeshi Suga is a Japanese photographer based in Kobe and London. He is fast making a name for himself thanks to his dreamy and nostalgic photos taken predominantly with analogue cameras.
Photography is a vehicle for me to render my aesthetic and philosophical vision. With discerning aesthetic principles, photographic imagery can stimulate our perception and foster our curiosity, encouraging us to contemplate the things around us with greater philosophical depth.
Through photography, I want to deal with the state of ambiguity that lies beneath the feelings and emotions such as nostalgia, sentimentality, euphoria and loneliness. It can be colours, light or the mood and narrative of a certain place that trigger a mixture of these feelings and emotions. The scenery I photograph is somewhat whimsical and delicate, blurring the boundaries between reality and fantasy. It is the state of ambiguity itself. By presenting an image of the world that bears ambivalence between reality and fantasy, I hope to invoke the viewer’s own perception and emotion, stirring up trains of thought within them.3 hearts
Index and credits:
1. Drug addicts gather around fire to warm themselves, in a suburb of Tehran, Iran. (Ebrahim Noroozi / AP)
2. Nico Rosberg of Germany and Mercedes GP drives through the sirty side of the track during day four of Formula One Winter Testing at Circuit de Catalunya in Montmelo, Spain. (Dan Istitene / Getty Images Europe)
3. Flamingoes at the Memphis Zoo huddle together for warmth in Memphis, Tennessee. (Jim Weber / AP Photo)
4. Assistant harbormaster Isaac Perry uses a boat to break through a fresh layer of ice covering Marion Harbor, Massachussets. (Peter Pereira / Standard Times / AP)
5. Palestinians ride donkey carts during a sandstorm. (Mohammed Abed / Getty Images)
Font Ahkio by Mahti Type Studio.
Mahti Type Studio is established in 2014 by Mika Melvas. Who has a sturdy experience in graphic design and type design. Before this he has worked as a graphic designer at advertising agencies for almost ten years.
Interest towards type design and calligraphy started already in design school and continued beside the job as a hobby. After all the passion grew from hobby to a profession.