This documentary directed by Mathieu Le Lay is about ethereal photography.
The Quest for Inspiration is an immersion into the world of Alexandre Deschaumes, evocative landscape photographer. The artist portrays the world landscapes with a dreamlike and artistic vision. It was after many solitary wanderings through the autumn forests that he developed his own universe. Guided by the dreamy and enchanting atmosphere of the wilderness, he tries to transform his emotions into some form of evocative beauty.
Full movie available here.4 hearts
Dalila Kayros is a musician, composer, singer and noiser from Sardinia, Italy.
She constantly study as a singer to explore and extend her vocal possibilites. She belongs to the most radical contemporary music scene. Her music is the perfect marriage between industrial noises, traditional instruments, electronic music and multiple vocals layers.
Bow down to hear the popular Sardinian tradition in this intrinsic and irreverent connection with a fictitious modernity, as naked victims of an ancestral propaganda.4 hearts
Architect and CG artist Oleg Soroko from Moscow.
It must not be thought that pure decoration is lifeless. It has its inner being, but one which is either incomprehensible to us, as in the case of old decorative art, or which seems mere illogical confusion, as a world in which full-grown men and embryos play equal roles, in which beings deprived of limbs are on a level with noses and toes which live isolated and of their own vitality.
The confusion is like that of a kaleidoscope, which though possessing a life of its own, belongs to another sphere.
Iceland is the Great Kingdom of photographers and videomakers. Sverrir Thorolfsson is one of them.
He spreads his secret skills in all these waste and majestic lands, collecting moments and amplifying atmospheres.
It is possible to think the same of the universe. Without an eternity, without a sensitive secret mirror of what passes through every soul, universal history is lost time, and along with it our personal history – which rather uncomfortably makes ghosts of us. (J.L.B.)5 hearts
Index and credits:
1. A member of an expedition group stands on the edge of a newly formed crater on the Yamal Peninsula. (Vladimir Pushkarev / Reuters)
2. An aerial view of roads as mining trucks travel, Los Andes Mountain range, near Santiago. (Ivan Alvarado / Reuters)
3. Competitors race in the Men’s RS-One Windsurfing class during the 2014 Asian Beach Games at Karon Beach in Phuket, Thailand. (Cameron Spencer / Getty Images)
4. Saudis walk during the opening ceremony of the 22nd Gulf Cup football tournament (Karim Sahib / AFP / Getty Images)
5. Ghost statues by artist Jakub Hadrava are placed at the St. George’s church near Plzen in Lukova, Czech Republic. ((Matej Divizna / Getty Images)